March 22, 2013

Amsterdam, Holland


Assalamualaikum


Its Amsterdam, baby.! Breath-taking scenery, unique city and friendly people. Unfortunately, no tulips as the weather is so cold, cloudy and windy. In a way, weather will affect my mood but I'm responsible for my own happiness and lets make this vacation a memorable one. :)


Their people are very friendly and helpful. I really enjoyed chatting with random people and most of them thought that we are from Indonesia. Haha. Do we look like minah Indon.? *facepalm* As usual, I'm the most approachable one. Is it because I'm too small.? Or look too friendly.? Or look very bright.? I don't know, despite my very garang-skema-nerd face. :p


The city itself is very organised with bicycles everywhere and excellent transportation system. Four things you must see in Amsterdam are clogs, tulips, windmills and cheese. Indescribable, so you must go and experience it.! 



Flower market
You can by buy souvenirs here and tulip buds.







I Amsterdam letters is a must




If you really want to learn about their culture and experience the real Holland, you must go and visit Zaanse Schan - a windmill village. It took us 20 minutes by train from Amsterdam central station and it was fascinating.! There are cheese farm, clog factory, windmills and museums. It took us half day to visit the whole village. 








The village







Cheese Farm


You can learn how to make cheese. Cheese dia memang bentuk macam tu. So cute and appealing.
Make sure to ask if the cheese is suitable for vegetarian. Jangan main tibai makan je. 
 Fact: 10 kg of milk for 1 kg of cheese.







Windmills

Windmills is used as an electricity generator from wind. 
Some of them use it in paint factory, oil factory and more. 
This village is so windy and we were shivering all the way.










Clog making demo


The clog is warm, not too heavy, strong and waterproof.
Tips to choose a pair of clogs: 
Save a finger-space at the back of your clog to avoid blisters 
or 
you can bite the back of the clogs but it will cost you a teeth. :p






Heaven of clogs




The next day we went to Volendam, a fishing village. About 30 minutes by bus from Amsterdam central station. I recommended for you to buy the Waterland pass and it cost EUR 10 return. You can enjoy their seafood and traditional pancake. Simply worth it.! Seafood dia macam kat pantai terengganu yang ada jual ikan/sotong/ketam/udang celup tepung. Wallah.! Finger licking good. Don't forget to take a studio picture wearing their traditional clothes. :)










Countryside is my favourite destination and I wish to visit Amsterdam again, insyaallah. Sorry for the gloomy and cloudy pictures. I'll upload more pictures later. I vote Amsterdam rather than Paris.! Zaanse Schan and Volendam to be exact.! :)



No comments: